COVID-19 Safety Protocol
Due to COVID-19 pandemic situation, students were not able to pursue their studies in universities in Sri Lanka. Online teaching was conducted through various platforms such as Learning Management System (LMS), google classroom and zoom. After students are permitted to enter into university premises, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences has developed a safety protocol for the students and staff to take preventive measures and monitor the infection control activities against COVID- 19. We have formed Health promotion Committee and have developed guidelines that are to be followed by students and staff within the university premises and hostel.
Health Promotion Committee
- The composition of the Health Promotion Committee
|Mrs T. Gnanakarunyan||Chairperson||0772020595|
|Mrs. D. Thabotharan||Dean/FAHS||0773405539|
|Ms. S. Sathya||Secretary||0770293901|
|Mrs. V. Jegapragash||PIC/Emergency Preparedness Committee for COVID-19||0776510099|
|Mrs. L. Kamalarupan||PIC/Environmental Sanitation Committee for COVID-19||0777612247|
|Dr.(Mrs)S. Srikokulan||PIC/Student Monitoring Committee for COVID 19||0773107799|
|Mr. B. Jaikrishna||PIC/Student Support Committee for COVID 19||0770703470|
- If any issues arise regarding COVID 19, the students are requested to contact following staff.
|Mrs. D. Thabotharan||Dean/ Faculty of Allied Health Sciences||0773405539|
|Mrs. T. Gnanakarunyan||Chairperson/HPC, Senior Lecturer, Head/Medical Laboratory Sciences & Student Counsellor||0772020595|
|Mrs. L. Kamalarupan||Member, Senior Lecturer, & Head/Nursing||0777612247|
|Mr. P. Kalki||Member, Senior Lecturer & Head / Pharmacy & Student Counsellor||0773913766|
|Mrs. K.Tharmendra||Member, Assistant Registrar, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences||0776626070|
|Mr. N. Clinton||Sub warden||0770462378|
- Subcommittees were formed to carryout the activities related to monitoring and implementing preventive measures.
- Members of the subcommittees and the activities of each subcommittee of the Health Promotion Committee are given below.
|Student Support Committee for COVID 19||Mr.B. Jaikrishna – PIC
Mr. P. Kalki
Miss. S. Kasthuri
|● Share the questionnaire with the students when necessary.
● Analyse the feedback.
● Take measures to implement the suggestion/ request by the students if necessary.
|Student Monitoring Committee for COVID 19||Dr. (Mrs.) S. Srikokulan-PIC
Mr. S. Thuvaragan
Mrs. T. Kopishan
Miss. R. Aruniya
Miss. AJF Shiromiya
Mr. M. Sathyaseelan
Ms. S. Srithevi
Ms. T. Kalpana
Mrs. P. Anoja
|● Monitoring physical distancing in FAHS & hostel
● Monitoring safety precautions FAHS & hostel
● Monitoring student activities in the FAHS & hostel
|Emergency Preparedness Committee for COVID 19||Mrs. V. Jegapragash – PIC
Mrs. T. Gnanakarunyan
Ms. S. Saseevan
Mr. T. Muraliruban
|● Prepare an isolation room.
● Make sure that the isolation room is equipped with necessary items.
● In case of emergency inform to authorities concerned.
|Environmental Sanitation Committee for COVID 19||Mrs. L.Kamalrupan –PIC
Mr. S. Thuvargan
Miss. T. Kopika
Miss. C. H. Suluckshika
Mr. N. Clinton
|● Monitoring regular disinfection processes in the departments, lecture halls, washrooms, examination halls and FAHS premises. (Check lists)
● Monitoring disposal of wastes
● Make sure the availability of personel protective equipments and disinfectants for common use ( not in the laboratories)
Ø Incase of any COVID-19 suspected students
- If any student with symptoms or with the history of close contact with COVID-19 confirmed patients are identified, they have to be immediately reported to any of the above-mentioned authorities. The authorities will inform the Dean of FAHS or the chairperson of the Health Promotion Committee.
- Examinations will be conducted according to COVID-19 safety guidelines.
- Guidelines that are developed for examination, are to be followed properly.
- If a student is found to be ill during examination, or identified with the symptoms, Alternative arrangements will be made to write the examinations in isolated room
- If a student is unable to attend the examination due to moving restrictions, he/she shall provide the certificate from MOH of the respective region.
- If any student in the hostel is suspected with symptoms or with the history of close contact with COVID-19 confirmed patients the students can inform the warden or sub warden who will inform the above-mentioned authorities.