2011: Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Nursing, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka
2017: Master of Nursing Science (Hons.) in Adult Nursing, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
Membership in Outside bodies
Member of Graduate Nurses Foundation of Sri Lanka
Life member of the Jaffna Science Association, since 2011
Member of Sri Lankan Society of Microbiologist
Contributed as the Recourse person for the in-service training for the in-charge Nurses, 2019, 2020
Academic resource person in the Institute of Medical Sciences, Manipay
Chronology of the carrier
05.01.2018 to date: Senior Lecturer (Gr II) Nursing
16.04.2012 to 04.01.2018: Lecturer (Prob.) in Nursing
02.01.2012 to 15.04.2012: Demonstrator in Nursing
Appointments (current and past with years)
Coordinator/Nursing: effect from 01.12.2018 for one year
Student Counsellor: effect from 01.02.2020 for one year
Coordinator/IQAC/UAHS: effect from 09.10.2018 for three years
Memberships (current & past)
· Committee member:
Member of the ALERM course Committee
Member of Curriculum Committee of FAHS
Member of the Faculty of Medicine Teachers Association, since 2012
Member of Building Committee, Faculty of Medicine from 20.02.2013 for three years
Member of the Faculty board of the Faculty of Medicine, from among Lecturer (Prob.) from 15.08.2012 to 15.08.2015
Staff advisor of Golden Z, University of Jaffna from 09.01.2013 to 2015
Member of Building & Planning Committee of Faculty of Medicine from 2019
Member of the Medical Education Cell, Faculty of Medicine, University of Jaffna.
Member of Building & Planning committee of FAHS 2019/2020
Chairperson of Member of Building & Planning committee of FAHS 2020/2021
· Viniththira, V. and Sivapalan, K. 2012. ‘Knowledge, Compliance, and Factors Influence the Compliance of Universal Precautions among Nurses’ Jaffna University International Research Conference-2012 pp. 110
· Viniththira, V. and Sivapalan, K. (2014). ‘Knowledge, Compliance, and Factors Influence the Compliance of Universal Precautions among Nurses’. Jaffna University International Research Conference-2012 pp. 136-140
· Viniththira, V. and Kamalarupan, K. (2014). ‘Preliminary Study on Self Medication Practice Among Allied Health Sciences Students, University of Jaffna’. Annual Scientific Sessions of the Jaffna Medical Association (JMA) 2014. pp. 45-46
· Viniththira, V. and Kamalarupan, K. (2015). ‘Study on Self Medication Practice Among The Nursing Students of College of Nursing, Jaffna’. Annual Nursing Congress of The Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians 30th July 2015
· Viniththira, V. and Kamalarupan, K. (2016). ‘Practice of Self-medication among the Nursing Students of a College of Nursing in the Northern Part of Sri Lanka’. International conference on Optimizing Healthcare Quality: Teamwork in Education, Research, and Practice, Faculty of Nursing, Chiang Mai University, Thailand, 24th and 26th June 2016,. pp. 125
· Viniththira, J. and Aravinthan, M. (2018). ‘Evaluation of Glycemic control, BMI, and knowledge on Diabetes Mellitus among Patients with Type II Diabetes Mellitus Based on Gender’. International Woman Conference Sri Lanka on Woman Empowerment and leadership in post war context on 21st and 22nd July 2018. pp. 18
· Poorvajan, V, Arulmoli, J., Kamalarupan, L., and Jegapragash, V. (2019). ‘The Knowledge on Advanced Life Support and the Influencing Factors among the Nursing Officers Working in Teaching Hospital, Jaffna’. 2nd South Asia Conference on Multidisciplinary Research 2019. Pp. 10
· Dharmathissa, H G T, Jegapragash, V., and Indranath, N. (2019). ‘The Knowledge on Tracheostomy Care and Influencing Factors on it among Final Year Nursing Students in Northern Province, Sri Lanka’. 2nd South Asia Conference on Multidisciplinary Research 2019. Pp. 17
· Poorvajan, V, Arulmoli, J., Kamalarupan, L., and Jegapragash, V. (2019). ‘The Practice On Adult Advanced Life Support And The Influencing Factors Among The Nursing Officers Working In Teaching Hospital Jaffna’. 12th International Research Conference, General Sir, John Kotelawala Defence University, Sri Lanka, 2019, pp
· Yoganathan P, Viniththira J and Rajeev G,Poorvajan V, (2020), ‘Awareness and knowledge on human papillomavirus vaccinaton among grade six female students in the Nallur Education Division’, Jaffna Medical Association, Annual Scientific Session 2020. PP-02.
· Robin RM, Sathiakumar P and Jegapragash V, (2020), ‘Factors influence the practice on oral hygiene and dietary habits with fixed appliances among patients receiving orthodontic treatment in Orthodontic Clinic at Teaching Hospital Jaffna’, Jaffna Medical Association, Annual Scientific Session 2020. PP-15.
· Anirthalingam T, Kesavarajah A and Jegapragash V, (2020), ‘Factors influencing the activities of daily living among patients with parkinson’s disease attending Movement Disorder Clinic at Teaching Hospital Jaffna’ Jaffna Medical Association, Annual Scientific Session 2020. OP-19.
· Krishnananthan CK, Sivayokan S, Ragavan S and Jegapragash V, (2020), ‘Effect of Head injury and influencing factors on cognitive function of patients attending Neurosurgical Clinic Teaching Hospital Jaffna’ Jaffna Medical Association, Annual Scientific Session 2020. OP-05.
· Niroje R, Jegapragash V and Surenthirakumaran R, (2020), ‘Knowledge and practice of body mechanic techniques and influence of socio demographic and work related factors on them among nurses working at Teaching Hospital Jaffna’, 27th Annual session of Jaffna Science Association, pp.
· Wickramasinghe, RPSD, Jegapragash, V, Aravinthan, M and Coonghe, PAD (2020), ‘Hypoglycaemia prevention practices among diabetic patients attending the Diabetic Centre, Teaching Hospital Jaffna’, 3rd Undergraduate Research Symposium, Faculty of Medicine, and Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, 2020, pp 55
Adult Health Nursing,
Emergency & Disaster Nursing,
Nursing Ethics & Professional Adjustment
Nursing Principles & Procedures