Bachelor of Pharmacy (UOP)
Master of Philosophy (UOP)
Awards and achievements
● Best poster presentation award in 9th International Seminar, From Plant to Patient: Identification of New Drugs for Metabolic Disorders, University of Karachi, Pakistan.
● First place at the “3-Minute Thesis Competition-3MT” of the 3rd SLAYS open forum organized by Sri Lanka Academy of Young Scientists (SLAYS).
● Three minutes thesis presentation winner in 2018 in National Institute of Fundamental Studies.
Memberships (current& past)
· Member of IT & web designing committee
· Member of Young Scientist Forum of National Science and Technology Commission (Membership no:YSF/AM/18/32)
· Life Member of Pharmaceutical society of Sri Lanka (Number is – L – 1306)
· Life Member of Sri Lanka Association for the Advancement of Science (Number is 10798/E2)
· Committee member of 1st Sri Lankan Regional ANRAP Seminar (ANRAPSL1), National Institute of Fundamental Studies, Kandy, 2018.
· Member of Pharmaceutical Society of University of Peradeniya (PSUP).
Chronology of the carrier
Lecturer Probationary- 2019
Research Assistant – 2016
Membership in subcommittees
Secretary in IT, Web & Library committee
Member in Technical evaluation committee
Secretary in Jaffna Science Association Section C
Appointments in university
E- repository coordinator
Faculty board representative
· Sathya, S., Herath, H.M.D.R., Amarasinghe,N.R..& Suraweera,R.K. (2017). Formulation development of cream incorporating extracts of Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice). Pharmaceutical Journal of Sri Lanka,Vol 7 (1), pp 44–50.
· Gunarathne M.V.H.S., Sathya S., Jayasinghe L., Amarasinghe N.R. (2021). Investigation of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and acetylcholinesterase enzyme inhibitory activities of Ceylon green tea. Proceedings of 8th Ruhuna International Science & Technology Conference University of Ruhuna, Matara, Sri Lanka. pp 36.
· S. Sathya (October 2019). Sri Lankan Spices for Alzheimer’s, Proceedings of SLAYS International Conference, Sri Lankan Academy of Young Scientist. Sri Lanka, pp 19.
· J.A.K.C Jayakody, S. Sathya, L. Jayasinghe, and N.R.Amarasinghe. (October 2019). Comparative study of antioxidant and antidiabetic activities of fresh and processed pericarp of Myristica fragrans(nutmeg). Annual scientific session 2019- Pharmaceutical Society of Sri Lanka, pp 28.
· Sathya, S., Jayasinghe, L., and Amarasinghe. N.R., Araya, H., & Fujimoto, Y. (2019). α-Glucosidase inhibitors from mace (Myristica fragrans), 9th International Seminar, From Plant to Patient: Identification of New Drugs for Metabolic Disorders, University of Karachi, Pakistan, 25th– 27th January 2019, pp. 95.
· Sathya, S., Jayasinghe, L., and Amarasinghe, N.R., (2018). Investigation of neuroprotective activity of Sri Lankan spices. Asian Symposium on Medicinal Plants, Asian Symposium on Medicinal Plants, Spices and Other Natural Products XVI, TheBandaranayake Memorial International Conference Hall Colombo, Sri Lanka,12th-14thDecember 2018, pp. 167.
· Farook,F. N., Sathya, S., Jayasinghe,L., and Amarasinghe. N.R., (2018). Acetylcholinesterase inhibitory and antioxidant activity of some vegetables, Asian Symposium on Medicinal Plants, Spices and Other Natural Products XVI, The Bandaranayake Memorial International Conference Hall Colombo, Sri Lanka, 12th-14th December 2018, pp. 183
· Dharmadasa,R.D.R.M.,Sathya, S., Jayasinghe,L., and Amarasinghe. N.R., (2018).Acetylcholinesterase enzyme inhibitory activity of Olax zeylanica, Pharmaceutical Journal of Sri Lanka, 23rd June 2018, pp. 24.
· Sathya, S., Jayasinghe,L., and Amarasinghe. N.R.,(2018).Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors from mace (Myristica fragrans). 1st Sri Lankan Regional ANRAP Seminar (ANRAPSL1) on Herbal Approaches in Combating Diabetes and other Tropical Diseases, National Institute of Fundamental Studies, Kandy, Sri Lanka,17th-19th January 2018, pp. 56.
· Sathya, S., Qader, M.M., Jayasinghe, L., and Amarasinghe. N.R., (2017). Search for acetylcholinesterase inhibitors from Sri Lanka spices. PGIS Research Congress, Postgraduate Institute of Science, University of Peradeniya, 8th& 9th September 2017, pp. 104.
· Sambavathas, S., Herath, H.M.D.R., Amarasinghe, N.R. & Suraweera, R.K. (2016). Formulation, development and assessment of skin whitening efficacy of whitening cream of Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice). Peradeniya University International Research Sessions (iPURSE), University of Peradeniya,4th & 5th November 2016, pp. 199.
Chemistry of Natural Products, Hospital Pharmacy,
Drug Discovery and Development,