Certificate course on “Post graduate research” (Faculty of Medicine, University of Colombo)
Memberships (current & past)
Chair person, IT and Web committee 2021
Committee member, Research and higher degree committee, 2021
Life member, Jaffna science association
Life member, Pharmaceutical society of Sri Lanka
Chronology of the carrier
Senior lecturer Gr II 2016
Lecturer (prob) 2011
Asst lecturer 2010 – 2011
Appointments (current and past with years)
Coordinator/Pharmacy 2017 & 2018
Student counsellor 2019
Senior treasurer 2012, 2019 & 2020
Deputy proctor 2020 & 2021
· Sinnadurai Thuvaragan, Krishnamoorthy Balakumar, Siram Karthik, 2017, Multifaceted nanostructures in drug delivery, Pharmaceutical Journal of Sri Lanka, Volume 7, issue 1
· Muthuirulappan Thirumaran, Krishnamoorthy Balakumar, Chellan Vijaya Raghavan, Sinnadurai Thuvaragan, 2014, Formulation And In Vitro Release Kinetic Study Of An Enteric Coated Paroxetine Controlled Release Tablets, Asian Journal of Research in Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2(2), 63 – 73
· Clindon, N., Surenthirakumaran, R. and Thuvaragan, S., 2020. Attitudes and Perceptions About the Role of a Clinical Pharmacist in In-Patient Management among Nurses at a Tertiary Government Hospital, Sri Lanka. Pharmaceutical Journal of Sri Lanka, 10(1), pp.74–84. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4038/pjsl.v10i1.59
. Diviyagahage, C.M., Thuvaragan, S., Gnanakarunyan,T.J. and Srikaran,R., 2021. Formulation and Characterization of Essential Oils Based Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer Gels. Pharmaceutical Journal of Sri Lanka, 11(1), pp.14–26. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4038/pjsl.v11i1.65
· Sinnadurai Thuvaragan, Dhanushi Samarathunga, Ceyloni Haridas, Manoranjan T, kandeepan K, 2018, Evaluation of in vitro antiurolithiatic activity of selected plants on experimentally prepared calcium oxalate stones, First International Conference and Exhibition on Siddha Medicine, Jaffna, Sri Lanka
· Sinnadurai Thuvaragan, S.Thivyaluxmy, 2017, Comparative study on acid neutralizing capacities and prices of selected antacid suspensions available in Jaffna, Sri Lanka, IPURSE 2017, Peradeniya, Srilanka
· Sinnadurai Thuvaragan, Thiyahiny SN, Nadeesha RM, 2017, Self-medication practice among the students of University of Jaffna, The scientific sessions, 2017, Faculty of Medical Sciences University of Sri Jayewardenepura
· Sinnadurai Thuvaragan, k.Nagasudeep, 2014, Formulation And In Vitro Evaluation Of Oral Dispersible Thin Film of Nisoldipine, National conference on challenges in drug delivery research.
· Sinadurai Thuvaragan, Thivya Janarthanan, Thujana Ismail, Rajendra Surendraumaran Knowledge and prevalence on usage of herbal and nutraceuticals among the patients attending outpatient department in private tertiary hospital in Jaffna, International conference on public health and well being – 2019
· Dilipan T, Kandeepan K, Thuvaragan S, Murugananthan A, 2019, Evaluation of Antioxidant Activity of Leaf and Bark of Craetiva religiosa, 12th international research conference – KDUIRC – 2019, Colombo, Sri Lanka
· K.Abiramy, S.Thuvaragan, M.G.Sathiadas, R.Surenthirakumaran, 2019, Household practice on administration & storage of reconstituted medicinal syrups and influencing factors on it among parents of pediatric patients at OPD pharmacy, Teaching hospital, Jaffna, Sri Lanka, Peradeniya University International Research Sessions – iPURSE 2019, Sri Lanka.
· J.Thivya, S.Thuvaragan, R.Surenthirakumaran, 2019, Practice of pharmaceutical waste management and influence of factors on it in private pharmacies in Jaffna municipality area, Peradeniya University International Research Sessions – iPURSE 2019, Sri Lanka.
· Thuvaragan S, Diviyagahage C.M, John Gnanakarunyan T, Srikaran R, Formulation and evaluation of herbal antibacterial hand wash gel using essential oils of cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) and lime (Citrus aurantifolia), CDDT – 2019, Bangalore, India.
· Thuvaragan S, Thamiliny S, Coonghe PAD, T.S.Navaratinaraja, Practice related to the usage of traditional medicine and influencing factors on it among the diabetic patients attending the medical clinic at Teaching Hospital, Jaffna, 2nd Undergraduate Research Symposium 2019, Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
· Thuvaragan S, Maduranga W K, Kumuthini S, Coonghe P A D, Knowledge, and practice on the intake of folic acid supplements, dietary folate, and influence of socio-demographic factors on them among pregnant women attending to the antenatal clinic, Teaching Hospital, Jaffna, 2nd Undergraduate Research Symposium 2019, Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
· Thuvaragan S, Clinton N, Surenthirakumaran R, Attitudes, perceptions and influencing factors towards the role of clinical pharmacist in inward patient management among nurses at Teaching Hospital, Jaffna, 2nd Undergraduate Research Symposium 2019, Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
· Thuvaragan S, Aravinth T, Coonghe PAD, Influence of socio-demographic factors on knowledge and practices on dietary supplements among Allied health sciences students in University of Jaffna, 2nd Undergraduate Research Symposium 2019, Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
· Thuvaragan S, Coonghe P A D, Guruparan M, Thanujah M, Knowledge and practice regarding usage of sublingual glyceryl trinitrate tablets, 7th Ruhunu International science and technology conference – 2020, Sri Lanka.
· Thuvaragan S, Coonghe P A D, Chandrakumar S T S, Rangana ishara H M, Knowledge, and practice regarding multi-dose eye drops usage among glaucoma patients, 7th Ruhunu International science and technology conference – 2020, Sri Lanka.
· Thuvaragan S, Danapala DMSMK, Surendrakumaran R, Thiyahiny S N, Attitudes towards dispensing errors among state pharmacists and dispensers in Jaffna district, 7th Ruhunu International science and technology conference – 2020, Sri Lanka.
· T Thilaxy, N Clindon, S Thuvaragan, and R Surenthirakumaran, Association of Socio-Demographic and Educational Factors on Knowledge and Attitudes on the Role of Community Pharmacist in Healthcare System among the Science Students of University of Jaffna, KDUIRC 2020
· ML Kaluarachchi, S Thuvaragan, PAD Coonghe and SN Thihahiny, Knowledge and Attitude regarding Adverse Drug Reaction Reporting and Associated Factors Among State Pharmacists in Northern Province, Sri Lanka, KDUIRC 2020
· Thanujah M, Thuvaragan S, Coonghe P.A.D, Guruparan M.., 2020, Knowledge and Practice Regarding Usage of Sublingual Glyceryl Trinitrate, Gari winter multidisciplinary symposium, Global academic research institute, Sri Lanka, p-24
· Tharminy Najal, S. Thuvaragan, Dr. S. Chandrakumar, T.Gnaankarunyan., 2020, Bacterial contamination of used eye drops and knowledge on safe usage among glaucoma patients at teaching hospital, Jaffna, Gari winter multidisciplinary symposium, Global academic research institute, Sri Lanka, p-25
· D.M.L.D. Bandara, S. Thuvaragan, K. Sanchayan, R. Surenthirakumaran., “Knowledge on antibiotic resistance and influencing factors among pharmacists and nurses in Teaching Hospital Jaffna”, Proceedings of 3rd undergraduate research symposium, Faculty of Medicine & Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, University of Jaffna, p-57
· Darshika TGU, Surenthirakumaran R, Thuvaragan S., March, 2021, “Attitudes, practice and perceived barriers on pharmaceutical care among state pharmacists in Northern Province, Sri Lanka”., Research conference in health sciences, Book of proceedings, Faculty of Allied Health Science, University of Sri Jayawardenapura, Sri Lanka, p-164
· Thanujah M, Nivethika B, Coonghe P.A.D, Sathiadas M.G, Thuvaragan S., 2021, “Parental Knowledge and Practice on Usage of Antihelmintic Drugs and Associated Factors in Teaching Hospital, Sri Lanka”, 2nd international conference on public health and well-being, Book of abstracts, i-conferences, Sri Lanka, p-25
· J. Thivya, Thuvaragan S, Surenthirakumaran R., 2021,” Knowledge on Pharmaceutical Wastage Management and Factors Influence on It among Pharmacy Personnel at Private Pharmacies in Jaffna Municipality Area”, 2nd international conference on public health and well-being, Book of abstracts, i-conferences, Sri Lanka, p-27
· Jayasinghe H.M.P.M, Thuvaragan S, Murugananthan A., 2021, “Comparative Evaluation of In – Vitro Anthelmintic Activity of Sap, Fruit Bulb And Root of Borassus flabellifer”, 2nd international conference on public health and well-being, Book of abstracts, i-conferences, Sri Lanka, p-56